Accreditations and Memberships
To provide a variety of professional and academic experiences for faculty and students, Taylor maintains membership in the Christian College Consortium that unites thirteen Christian liberal arts colleges with programs similar to those of Taylor. Included in the consortium are Asbury College, Bethel College, George Fox University, Gordon College, Greenville College, Houghton College, Wheaton College, Malone College, Messiah College, Seattle Pacific University, Trinity International University, and Westmont College.
Of special interest to Taylor students are the opportunities for semester visiting-student options on the other campuses and cooperative off-campus/international programs, For faculty there are professional development programs and opportunities for faculty grants.
Taylor University is also a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, a Washington, D.C.-based organization. Founded in 1976 with 38 members, the Council has grown to over 100 members in North America and over 60 affiliate institutions in North America and around the world. The CCCU's primary focus is to help its member institutions pursue excellence through the effective integration of biblical faith, scholarship, and service.
The Council sponsors semester programs for qualified upperclassmen from its member schools. These offerings include the American Studies Program in Washington, D.C.; the China Studies Program; the Contemporary Music Center at Martha's Vineyard; the Latin American Studies Program based in San Jose, Costa Rica; the Los Angeles Film Studies Center; the Middle East Studies Program in Cairo, Egypt; the Oxford Honours Programme; the Russian Studies Program in Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Nizhni Novgorod; and the Washington Journalism Program in Washington, D.C.
Taylor University is authorized by name by the State of Indiana in statute as an approved institution of higher education in the state of Indiana. In full compliance with federal rules, please consider contacting the Indiana Commission for Higher Education for Indiana’s higher education complaint resolution process.
- Taylor University applied and was accepted into The Higher Learning Commission Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in 2004 after approval by faculty and Board of Trustees.
- Council on Social Work Education.
- National Association of Schools of Music.
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education - Indiana Professional Standards Board.
- Seeking accreditation by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
- Accredited by the EAC Accreditation Commission of ABET for Computer Engineering and Engineering Physics.
- Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
All accreditation documents are maintained in the Provost's Office.
- American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of University Women
- American Council on Education
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools & Programs
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges
- Christian Center for Urban Studies
- Christian College Consortium
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Council on Law in Higher Education
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability
- Grant County Economic Growth Council
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Indiana
- Indiana Association of School Broadcasters
- Indiana Broadcasters Association
- Indiana Campus Compact
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Indiana Consortium for International Programs
- Indiana Network for Higher Educational Ministries
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Evangelicals
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Scholarship America
- Society for College and University Planning