The purpose of the Counseling Center is to enhance the mission of Taylor University by supporting students in the process of academic, personal and spiritual growth, and to assist in enabling students to fully participate in the programs of the university.
The Counseling Center offers:
- Individual counseling (for depression, anxiety, relationship issues, family problems, eating issues, spiritual concerns, conflict resolution etc.)
- Couples counseling (dating, pre-engagement, pre-marital, marriage)
- Consultation (for students concerned about friends, family members, roommates, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, etc.)
- Support groups (different topics on an "as needed" or "as requested" basis)
- Educational seminars
- Residence Life presentations
- Coordination and referral to on-campus and off-campus resources
Counseling Center services are available to anyone, currently a student at Taylor University. These services are free of charge and are strictly confidential.
The Counseling Center is also available as a resource for Taylor University faculty and staff. This resource is limited to brief consultations or to answer questions should a faculty or staff member have concerns about a current Taylor University student.