Refine your artistic skills and develop your personal style, while learning the ins and outs of the art world from practicing artists.
In this program, you will . . .
- build a solid foundation in the main branches of visual art
- study contemporary art and art history
- share your work outside the studio through art exhibitions, galleries, and commission work
You'll experiment with two- and three-dimensional art forms, including . . .
The studio art major allows students to pursue the artistic avenue(s) best suited to their creative gifts.
Students choose their art electives (a minimum of six courses) from a host of classes in . . .
- Two-dimensional art: drawing, painting, printmaking (relief, screen, intaglio, litho)
- Three-dimensional art: sculpture, metalworking, woodworking, ceramics (hand-built and wheel throwing)
- Photography: film and darkroom, portraiture, photojournalism, commercial and experimental photography