Film & Media Production
Visual storytelling for film, television, and video
Learn film and television production at one of the Midwest’s top three regional universities. Shoot on exceptional technology including the RED Weapon 6K camera while you develop your skills in film directing, producing, cinematography, screenwriting and editing.
You’ll gain professional skills with editing software such as Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Pro Tools, After Effects and DaVinci Resolve while you explore what it means to be a Christian artist, contributing to culture in ways that honor God.
Our students have won more than 250 awards in the last ten years, including two Outstanding Student Production awards from the Emmys in 2016.
Hear from the faculty about what makes this program distinct.
In this program, you will...
- Begin taking hands-on, production classes in your freshman fall
- Create an impressive portfolio of work, demonstrating to employers the depth of your experience
- Learn fiction and documentary filmmaking, live television production, and visual storytelling for clients
- Take advantage of mentoring by expert teaching faculty and collaboration with upperclassmen
- Understand the history and anticipate the future of film and media
- Dig into the aesthetics, ethics, and business of visual storytelling
- Integrate your faith with your filmmaking, reflecting God’s creativity
Film & Media Production news
Three films produced by Taylor University students have been nominated for awards by the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences, Lower Great Lakes Chapter, the regional Emmy organization.
Workshops, screenings and an awards presentation for Taylor student filmmakers will highlight the 2018 Envision Film Festival at Taylor University.
It is the imagination and creativity of two Taylor University graduates that has helped establish Man in the High Castle as one of Amazon’s most talked-about programs, and led to an Emmy nomination for their work.