Biology Science Education
If you're enjoy learning about living things and sharing what you've learned with others, consider a biology science education major. This major is designed to train you to teach biology at the middle and high school levels.
In this program, you will . . .
- gain a deep understanding of biology through a variety of classes covering:
- cell and molecular biology
- anatomy and physiology
- plant ecology
- put the scientific method into action through hands-on labs
- learn to communicate difficult scientific concepts to students who aren't science-minded
Education courses provide a working knowledge of:
- how to tailor your lessons based on your students' grade level and mental ability
- discipline and classroom management in middle and high school settings
- science education methods
- forms and approaches of assessment