Physics Science Education
If you enjoy scientific experimentation and explaining to others how physics works, consider a physics science education major. This major is designed to train you to teach physics to students in grades 5-12.
In this program, you will . . .
- gain in-depth knowledge of physics theories and relevant mathematics through advanced physics and calculus courses
- design your own physics experiments and projects through required courses, like:
- Advanced Lab (junior-level, semester)
- Physics Senior Capstone (J-term senior year)
- learn how to make physics accessible to those who aren't science-minded
Education courses provide a working knowledge of:
- how to tailor your lessons based on your students' psychological development
- discipline and classroom management in middle and high school settings
- science education methods
- ways to approach assessment