Habecker Returns Friday to Give Baccalaureate AddressBy James R. Garringer, Director of Media Relations Published: May 10, 2017
Taylor University's President Emeritus Dr. Eugene B. Habecker will return to campus Friday to deliver this year’s Baccalaureate chapel address.
Habecker served as president of Taylor University for 11 years, guiding the university through an unprecedented period of success.
Highlights of his administration include:
- raising $160 million for endowment and capital projects;
- construction of major campus facilities which include the Memorial Prayer Chapel, Euler Science Complex, and the LaRita Boren Campus Center;
- construction of the Campbell and Wolgemuth student apartment complexes and Breuninger residence hall;
- construction of athletic and physical education facilities including the Eichling Aquatics Wing of the Kesler Student Activities Center, a new combined football and soccer stadium and lighted practice facility, and renovation of Odle Arena;
- establishment of the Spencer Centre for Global Engagement, Center for Scripture Engagement, Bedi Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence, Center for the Study of CS Lewis and Friends, and Center for Missions Computing;
- and establishment of international centers in Greystones, Ireland, and Cuenca, Ecuador.
We invite the campus community to join us Friday at 10:00 a.m., in the Rediger Chapel/Auditorium.