At Taylor, meal time is not just about physical nourishment—often it's also about fellowship, personal growth, and conversation around the table with your wing, sports teams, classmates, and friends. Because of this, we value intentionally providing the following spaces to do so as a part of your Taylor experience with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Hodson Dining Commons
The Dining Commons, or "DC," serves the entire student body in a full service buffet dining experience. The D.C. provides a variety of food choices for the students who gather for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Daily meal choices include traditional Midwest and American fare, global cuisine stations and health-conscious options, salad bar, deli, cereal selection, grilled meats and vegetables, daily specials made to order and many more.
Because the D.C. is the primary place for students to eat on campus, dining services staff continually evaluate how they can improve the dining experience. And more than that, they have a heart for serving and enjoy getting to know students personally.
The Dining Commons is open the following hours:
Special Dietary Needs & Allergies
||Everyday 7:00AM – 9:30AM
||Everyday 11:00AM – 2:00PM
||Everyday 5:00PM – 7:30PM
Every item that we serve in both the Dining Commons and the Boren Center Food Court will be accompanied by labels to list any of the eight major food allergens. Therefore, if an item contains soy, dairy, shellfish, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, or eggs, a special icon will be placed on that item’s label.
Our Executive Chef works closely with students who have special dietary requirements and allergies. For those with a low to moderate level of need, he works to provide specific food options that meet their needs and is available for questions and feedback.
Individuals with more serious needs can meet regularly with our chefs to be sure their needs are accommodated. In the rare case that we cannot accommodate a student’s needs within our normal dining offerings we will work with the student to provide a more individualized plan.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask any Taylor Dining Employee, contact our Interim Director of Dining Services Nathaniel Malone at 765-998-4908 or email@example.com, or contact Chef Mike Minch at 765-998-4710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LaRita Boren Campus Center
The LaRita Boren Campus Center surrounds the Rediger Chapel/Auditorium and hosts a prime spot for studying and socializing. This new facility is the home for our student development program as well as a community space for our students, staff, parents, and alumni to gather; it also houses the Reade Ave. Market convenience store and more great destinations for meals. Students can use a percentage of their meal swipes to purchase preset combo meals from the menu offerings as well as use their Dining Dollars to have the freedom to enjoy any of the food offerings throughout the Zurcher Commons inside of the Campus Center.
In addition to grab-and-go items, the Campus Center has four different dining destinations in a food court-style setup where each functions as its own restaurant. These options include:
- Chick-Fil-A Express (limited Chick-Fil-A menu)
- Dashi Noodle Bar (Asian noodles, choose-your-own toppings)
- Emma & Charlie’s Pizza (pizza by the slice)
- Fresh, and Fresh Express (hand-tossed salads, soups, and wrap sandwiches)
Campus Center destinations have separate hours from the Dining Commons
|Campus Center Hours - Fall
|Monday – Friday
||11:00AM – 10:00PM
||12:00AM – 10:00PM
Our dining services staff works with students who have allergies and dietary restrictions. If you have special food requirements, please review the allergy document and call the Dining office at 765-998-5296 with any questions.
The Jumping Bean
The Jumping Bean is Taylor's on-campus coffee shop, located at the entrance of the LaRita Boren Campus Center. Owned and operated by a Taylor alum, The Jumping Bean is committed to bringing together the Taylor community over classic and unique cafe beverages. It's also dedicated to serving high-quality coffee beans purchased from local vendors and socially responsible distributors. Most of its specialty drinks are named for campus traditions and well-known faculty. Come and check it out for yourself!
|Jumping Bean Hours
|Monday – Thursday
||7:30 AM – 10:00 PM
||7:30 AM – 12:00 AM
||1:00 PM – 12:00 AM
||7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Need Catering? We are working on creating new standards, policies, and practices as well as retooling our catering offerings to meet COVID-19 requirements to keep our customers and our staff safe. Please reach out directly to our Catering Director, Stephanie Haggard, in the interim for all of your catering needs. Email email@example.com or call 765-998-5370
- Want to work with us? We love our student employees! If you are interested in working in any of our dining areas please fill out the form below and we will contact you to discuss the opportunities with you.
- Coming Soon! During the fall semester of 2020, we will be rolling out a new customer interface that will allow our students, and guests to access our complete menu, filter the menu by dietary needs as well as view the nutritional information for all of our menu offerings. We will update this page as soon as that interface is available for us. Stay tuned!