Samuel Morris Hall
Samuel Morris Hall has had three iterations throughout the life of the University. The first Samuel Morris Hall was built in 1894, one year after the passing of its namesake, and was paid for through profits from the sales of The Spirit-Filled Life, Thaddeus Reade’s biography of Samuel Morris. In 1958, the two-story building was reconstructed as a four-story hall.
Today’s Samuel Morris Hall, completed in 1998, is the university’s most modern large-scale residence hall, and its largest in terms of square feet. Commonly known on campus as “Sammy,” the hall houses 300 men and features a basement rec room, air conditioning, and centrally located lounges on each floor. With long-standing traditions and highly developed floor identities, Sammy provides a place where meaningful lifelong relationships can be built.