Swallow Robin Hall was built in 1916 under the famous African-American architect Samuel Plato, who has buildings that appear in the National Register of Historic Places. Though it has received significant renovations since its opening, Swallow Robin is the oldest remaining hall on campus. It is co-ed and houses just 70 students, making it the smallest hall on campus and strengthening its family-feel.
Residents often hang out in the downstairs lounge, which feels very much like a “family room” away from home. Swallow Robin is known for its annual “Swalloween” open house, which draws people from all over campus, and residents also participate in weekly all-hall worship and an annual trip to the zoo.