Report a Criminal Action or Emergency
To report a crime or emergency, members of the campus community should call the campus emergency line at 765-998-5555. All campus phones in public areas have the emergency number posted on the phone. This number is manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the lobbies or public areas of all campus buildings there are free on-campus public phones from which the Taylor University Police Department can also be reached by dialing x85555.
The Taylor University Police Department maintains both direct telephone and two-way radio contact with Upland Police Department, Gas City Police Department, Upland Fire Department, Grant County Sheriff’s Department, Grant County Ambulance Service, and the Indiana State Police. The 911 system is also available as back-up to the Taylor University emergency phone system. Students are encouraged to dial 9-9-1-1 to ensure quicker response to an emergency.
A crime may be reported to any campus security authority or any member of the Taylor University Police Department.
Campus security authorities are:
- VP for Student Development and Dean of Students
- Director of Housing
- Director of Student Programs
- Director of Calling and Career Office
- Director of Intercultural Programs
- Assistant Director of Intercultural Programs
- Director of Counseling Center
- Director of Student Ministries
- Director of Health Center
- Residence Hall Director
- Campus Pastor
- Director of Residence Life Programs
- Dean of Residence Life and Discipleship
- Director of University Apartments and Coordinator of Off-Campus Community
However, for reporting of sexual assaults, members of the Counseling Center staff and faculty and staff of the Campus Ministries Office may not be required to report some crimes to the Chief of Police of the Taylor University Police Department when knowledge of the crime has come to them in the performance of their counseling duties. Information about reporting a sexual assault is listed pn this page under the heading “Sexual Assault.”